Some quick facts about tea
- There are over 800 different ways to make tea for the tea ceremony
- It's not a ritual
- It involves the study of all the fine and applied arts: painting, calligraphy, ceramics,
woodworking, lacquer, textile crafts, bamboo objects, cast metal, flower arranging,
garden design, and cuisine
- It's a form of entertaining that can last from three to four hours with a meal, building of a charcoal fire, serving of two
kinds of sweets and two kinds of tea
- It's a synesthesiac art. All the senses are involved: taste,
touch, sight, hearing, smelling.
- Continued in one family for over 400 years, passed down from father to son. Present generation
is the 15th.
Contact Us ||
Copyright Bettina Vitell, 1997
Website by Amacord